A walk through the historic center and the Marina neighborhood that will take us to discover the history, culture and traditions of this beautiful medieval town, while we enjoy the famous pintxos that have placed Hondarribia’s bars among the best in the city. Basque gastronomy.
What will we visit?
Next to the walled area is the fishing district, also known as Portu Auzoa or La Marina, the nerve center of the city. Its old fishermen’s houses with their colorful facades and their flowery balconies and the atmosphere of this area have nothing to envy to the stone buildings of the historic area.
The surprising walled old town reveals some walls that date back to the 16th century and are still flanked by two of its bastions. We will enter this old Fort Square, we will see the Santa María door to walk through its still cobbled Main Street, its beautiful Plaza de Armas and the Carlos V castle (current Parador) and see the Plaza de Gipuzkoa that will not leave you indifferent. To regain strength, we will stop at a bar in the old town.
General information and contact:
- 2 pintxos and 2 drinks to choose from crianza wine, local white wine Txakoli, natural cider, beer (cane), soft drink or water. Allergies and intolerances must be noted when making the reservation.
- Duration: approximately 2h00.Languages: Spanish, French, English or Basque
- Meeting point: Iglesia de la Marina
- Schedule July and August: Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 11:00. Monday, Tuesday, Friday, Saturday and Sunday at 6:00 p.m. (Check availability in the calendar below). * Visits are subject to change up to 24 hours before the day of the visit
- The mask will be mandatory for the guide as well as for all participants if the necessary interpersonal distances are not maintained.Mobility: to take into account the unevenness of the old town.
- Price: Adults 18 euros – Children 10 euros (VAT included)
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Telephone and whatsapp: + (34) 620 61 24 06